- Write beautiful test-driven code. Of course. You are a software engineer and we value quality code backed by unit tests.
- Participate actively in Scrum. Work with Product Management and QA daily to flesh out stories and track your commitments.
- Improve accessibility. We work hard to deliver accessible solutions and enhance libraries we rely on for accessibility, too.
- Collaborate. We have internal and external clients with differing needs. We expect team members to reach out and build relationships inside the company to better understand our market.
- Learn. We expect team members to keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and industry trends so we can continue to be market leaders.
- 5+ years of extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS
- 3+ years of building out single page applications
- 3+ years of experience working with User Experience (UX) designers, or as one
- 3+ years of experience with accessible web design including knowledge and experience of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0
- Experience with Java, PHP, Python, or similar backend technologies
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field is a positive, as is intensive job training programs or certifications
Bonus Point Experiences
- Mobile development experience with iOS and Android
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and take ownership of features.
- Ability to look at the big picture: we're a collaborative small team and expect you to look at the big picture, and proactively anticipate problems, interact with other departments and clients, and come up with solutions.
- Demonstrable "Full Stack" experience - including supporting production environments
- Are a certified Scrum Master, or have solid hands-on Scrum Master experience
- Heavy use of Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket & Jira
- Interest in Web Application Security / experience with OWASP best practices.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package. It is being offered in the Vienna, VA office.
SSB BART Group is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2016, SSB BART Group. All rights reserved.